The Africa Academy of Management (AFAM) would like to announce the inauguration of the Africa Journal of Management (AJOM) Junior Faculty Fellowship.
The purpose of the Africa Journal of Management (AJOM) Junior Faculty Fellowship is to provide an annual award to a qualified junior Faculty member from an African based university to attend the Academy of Management (AOM) annual conference to present a paper co-authored with a senior Faculty member from a business school at a selected North American university. The intent of the Fellowship is to assist a junior academic at an African-based university who has published in the Africa Journal of Management (AJOM) or participated in an Africa Academy of Management (AFAM) conference with a completed scholarly paper of merit to jointly conduct research with senior Faculty. The goal of the collaboration is a co-authored conference paper presentation and at least one journal article.
Who Should Apply and Eligibility:
AFAM invites junior academics who have published in the Africa Journal of Management or submitted and presented completed papers at one of the AFAM Biennial conferences. Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be a junior Faculty member at a university in Africa. Junior Faculty is defined as academics at the rank of Assistant Lecturer, Lecturer, Senior Lecturer, or Assistant Professor but must have held a full-time academic position for no more than five years since completing their PhD;
- employed at an African-based university on a full-time permanent or full-time contractual basis;
- have published an article in the Africa Journal of Management or presented a scholarly paper of merit at an AFAM Biennial Conference in the preceding four years.
How to Apply
Applications must contain the following materials to be considered:
- A 5-page proposal for the research to be undertaken
- Up-to-date curriculum vitae
- Indication of AJOM article published or presentation of paper at AFAM Biennial Conference in preceding four years
- Statement of how the Fellowship will support his/her academic career
- Two letters of recommendation
- A statement of support from the applicant’s institution to grant permission for leave to visit a North American (to be announced) for one month and to attend the 2018 Academy of Management Conference to be held in Chicago, Illinois (USA) (Note: Conference attendance will only be supported if paper submission is accepted).
The deadline for submitting the above documentation is 10 August 2017. No applications will be accepted after this date. Incomplete applications will also not be considered. Please put AJOM Fellowship Application as the subject line on your e-mail when submitting your application. Please submit your application documents or queries about this Fellowship via email to: Professor Stella Nkomo, email@example.com
Notification of acceptance: 1 September 2017
Fellowship Period: 1 September 2017 to 1 September 2018.
The successful applicant is expected to begin the fellowship from the date of acceptance.
Click here for more information